|American Shanel Harrison (182-G-90) had a great game in the last round for Honka and that’s her to receive a Eurobasket.com Player of the Week award for round 14.
The 23-year old guard had a double-double of 47 points and sixteen rebounds, while her team beat FoA (#9, 2-10) 80-66. Honka maintains the 6th position in Finnish SM-sarja. Honka is rather a weak team placed in lower part in the standings. They need more victories to improve their 5-9 record. In the team’s last game Harrison had a remarkable 64.3% from 2-point range. She turned to be Honka’s top player in her first season with the team. La Salle University graduate has very impressive stats this year. Harrison is league’s best scorer averaging so far 21.3ppg. Harrison is in league’s top in rebounds (3rd best: 11.8rpg) and averages solid 3.0spg and 52.4% FGP.The second most remarkable performance in last round’s games was -year old American forwardMollie Williams (187-F) of Kerava. Williams impressed basketball fans with a double-double of 21 points and 13 rebounds. Bad luck as Kerava lost that game 60-90 to the higher-ranked Huima (#5, 5-6). This loss caused Kerava to drop to 8th position in the standings. 10 lost games are too many comparing to just three victories Kerava managed to get this year. Williams is a newcomer at Kerava and it seems she did not have too much trouble to become one of team’s leaders.The third best performed player last round was American Andrea Barbour (178-G-89, agency: LBM Management) of second-ranked PeKa. Barbour showcased her all-around game by recording 21 points, nine rebounds and six assists in the last round. She was a key player of PeKa, leading her team to a 67-62 win against #3 ranked ToPo in a game of the week. PeKa is closer and closer to the top of the standings. They will still need more victories. But 10-2 record is not that bad… Barbour has a great season in Finland. After 12 games, she made it on the list of the league’s leaders in points with 20.6ppg (4th best). She also has 3.5spg, 1.3bpg and FGP: 63.8%.Other top performing players last week:
4. Lonniya Bragg (182-G/F-79) of Huima – 19 points and 10 rebounds
5. Riina Karkkainen (166-PG-98) of Huima – 16 points and 4 rebounds
6. Sanna Jamsen (183-F-79) of Huima – 15 points, 9 rebounds and 3 assists
7. Alexandria Anderson (186-G/F-86) of Catz – 14 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists
8. Taru Tuukkanen (192-C-77) of PeKa – 13 points, 12 rebounds and 2 assists
9. Niina Laaksonen (185-F/C-85) of ToPo – 20 points and 5 rebounds
10. Jordan Murphree (183-G-87) of Catz – 15 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assistsThe Player of the week is choosen based on efficiency calculation, but also including game result, importance of the game, if played recorded double-double/triple-double, etc.
The efficiency formula is a combination of various formulas used by different basketball organizations/leagues. We got involved many basketball scouts and journalists to assure it’s accuracy.
The formula: 1.5*PTS + 3*(REB+AST+ST+BL-TO) – 2*BSAG – 4*PF + 3*PFRV + 4*(2FGPM+3FGPM) + 1.5*FTM – 3*(2FGPA-2FGPM) – 3*(3FGPA-3FGPM) – (FTA-FTM)